Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Writing desk revamp using comic books

Stephnie33
Finding My Feet

Writing desk revamp using comic books

I got this well worn writing desk for $15! Was very solid but could use a make over. 

She was taken apart and sanded, with a few wood cracks filled with wood putty and then the exterior was painted with black chalkboard paint.

The interior of the desk I decopaged with old comic book pages and sealed. It's one of my favourite DIYs. 

Steps

Step 1

IMG20230220170222.jpg

This was the piece sanded back ready for Painting 

Step 2

For the decopage, I layered the comic pages with mod podge and PVA glue. I tried to find interesting panels to place where people would see them. 

After the placement was complete and dried I sprayed with a matte sealer.

IMG20230221113909.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Writing Desk Revamp

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Stephnie33. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your amazing project.

It's truly inspiring to see how you transformed a well-worn piece into something remarkable; the comic book page interior is an absolute showstopper!

Finding such a solid desk for just $15 is quite the find, and your makeover skills have definitely done it justice. Taking it apart, sanding it down, and filling the wood cracks with putty shows your attention to detail. 

Thank you for sharing the stunning results and providing the list of materials and tools. It's incredibly helpful for anyone looking to embark on a similar project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects