Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I add blinds to a Mimosa louvred gazebo?

Soana
Just Starting Out

Can I add blinds to a Mimosa louvred gazebo?

I like the white mimosa louvre gazebo, is it possible to attach outdoor blinds to it, along its longest side?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: blunds for mimosa louvre gazebo

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Soana. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing blinds on Mimosa gazebos.

These semi-permanent gazebos are engineered to a myriad of different specifications, including everything down to the thickness of materials and the way they are fixed to concrete. They are designed to have no walls so high winds can pass through them. In fact, it's a requirement that the louvres be opened in high winds, so the roof doesn't become a sail. If you were to install blinds or walls on the gazebo, they will inhibit the ability of the structure to perform as intended by not allowing wind to pass through it. This will place immense amounts of force on the frame, and it is not designed to cope with these additional stresses. 

Unfortunately, because of the limitations of the design, I would advise against installing any non-compliant blinds onto these semi-permanent gazebos. You might like to take a look at the Coolaroo 3 x 3.6m Charcoal Fairhaven Gazebo that has the optional accessory of a Privacy Screen.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects