Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y fire pit bench seat and raised garden bed

leeboi33
Getting Established

D.I.Y fire pit bench seat and raised garden bed

20220905_171535.jpg

received_2163998153761538.jpeg

20220905_190728.jpg

Hi everyone, proud to show my firepit area that I created. With almost no previous knowledge of construction and some basic tools it was actually pretty simple and great fun.

received_5601381806568166.jpeg

this was the before picture where we began laying out some edging to figure out what shape we wanted the area to be.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: D.I.Y fire pit bench seat and raised garden bed

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @leeboi33. It's splendid to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your fantastic project.

You have done a spectacular job, and I trust many of our members will be inspired by your work. Could you walk us through some of the steps you took to create this project? I'd be particularly keen to know more about your seat supports. It appears like you have some type of counter-levered system going on there. It looks real flash as you don't have the typically stayed brackets one would expect to see.

No doubt you'll have plenty more great projects to share with the community, and I look forward to hearing about your plans around the house and garden.

Great work!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

This is awesome @leeboi33 , perfect for next years winter season! What's your plans for the surrounding gardens and how do you find watering the raised garden bed? 

Remarka6le
JanW98
Finding My Feet

@leeboi33 

Would love to hear materials and process

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@leeboi33 

It really makes that corner feel solid. Goes from an empty one to something that is useful even if its just sitting there!

Dave

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JanW98. It's sensational to have you join us, and great to hear you're interested in this impressive project.

Were you looking to create something similar? We'll need to hear from @leeboi33 to know their exact process, but it appears that they've created a basic rectangular box and continued stacking them on top of each other to the required height. In between the second and third layers, I assume they've notched out the front and back sleeper to insert perpendicular sleepers that will act as the bench supports. I've created some renderings below for you, which should help you replicate this build.

The basic materials you'll need will be sleepers, landscape screws, Merbau decking, decking screws and plates to connect the layers of sleepers.

Please let us know if you have any particular questions.

Mitchell

b1.pngB2.pngb3.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Mitchell I thought I was replying to @leeboi33 on his magnificent job but thanks so much for taking the initiative. This looks great. I don't have a place for this right now but hopefully next year.

@JanW98 @MitchellM That is exactly how i did it

TTD
Finding My Feet

Looks stunning. Well done!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects