Workshop
Ask a question

Can you use dry stacking for a fence?

Wickid
Just Starting Out

Can you use dry stacking for a fence?

I am looking to build a front fence on my property using block and aluminium slat panels.

the block work will be 600x600 pillars 8 courses high with small block wall 2 courses high between each pillar. I want to save time and money by using dry stack method and ri-bar core filling, is this an acceptable method for a non load bearing wall.

block.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Dry Stacking

Hi @Wickid,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is great to have you with us.

I would suggest checking out the Versaloc interlocking block system from Adbri Masonry. They are manufactured with tongue and groove joints and self-locating top lugs to make installation without mortar extremely simple.

Many Bunnings stores stock the basic Versaloc blocks, but you may require some of the more specific blocks that come with their range. I'd have a look through the Versaloc Brochure to see what is available, before heading to your local Bunnings Special Orders desk to order the required components.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Wickid
Just Starting Out

Thanks Jacob

I had a look and think I will go with the Versaloc blocks.

Cheers

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Wickid,

They are certainly a good product for the application you've described.

Keep us updated as it commences, it'd be great to see what you come up with

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects