Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Give me your best BBQ recipe

Jackson
Making a Splash

Give me your best BBQ recipe

Hey Workshop! I'm hosting a BBQ for 8 friends on the weekend and rather than just trotting out the usual boring fare, I'm keen to impress them. I have a Weber and a 6-burner hooded BBQ at my disposal.

Does anybody have a killer recipe that'll make me look like an Iron Chef?

chairman-kaga.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Give me your best BBQ recipe

@MoonshineBen - do you have a favourite?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

So many to choose from....

I think one of the most favourite things I have done on the BBQ is the pork neck I did a few weeks ago. Basically took yellow curry paste mix, rubbed the neck in it and smoked it for 6 hours. 

Awesome.

Happiness is a full smoker - moonshinebbq.com.au
Annette
Making a Splash

I know it's too late for your BBQ but here is a crowd pleaser for your next one.

• On a skewer thread cubes of haloumi cheese and foccacia bread, slices of chorizo sausage along with any of the following - pineapple, zucchini, onion, tomato, capsicum, mushrooms etc.
  • Then brush with garlic infused oil
  • Cook on the barbie till nicely charred
  • Enjoy

Haloumi & Chorizo Skewers

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Those looking for barbecue recipes on Workshop should also check out this epic discussion - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor/What-s-everyone-cooking-this-weekend/td-p/7180

It is sure to get you salivating and inspired to fire up the barbie!

Jason

Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Maple-Garlic Marinated Pork Tenderloin

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

1 teaspoon sesame oil

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 cup maple syrup - REAL maple syrup Like Queen, not maple flavoring 

Fresh ground black pepper to taste

1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin  

Combine mustard, sesame oil, garlic, pepper, and maple syrup. Place pork in a shallow dish and coat thoroughly with marinade. Cover, then chill in the refrigerator at least eight hours, or overnight.

Remove pork from marinade, and set aside. Transfer remaining marinade to a small saucepan, and cook on the stove over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.

Brush grate with oil, and place meat on grate. Grill pork, basting with reserved marinade, for approximately 15 to 25 minutes, or until interior is no longer pink. Avoid using high temperatures as marinade will burn.

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Anyone have a good recipe for hamburger mince?
I've followed recommendations with just adding salt and pepper and a bit of Worcestershire sauce to beef mince, but that doesn't give me the taste i"m after..
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What kind of flavour are you looking for @Prof?

Jason

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Hard to explain..The sort of flavour you get with Hungry Jacks burgers or similar commercial hamburger makers..

Mine just tasted a bit flat and lacking that real hamburger taste..

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Cooking Indian.

I'm a hopeless cook - but I love Indian food. I particularly like Tandoori chicken although I've only ever been a "jar" man which is never the restaurant quality.

But last night I tried this powdered product - I'm impressed with the flavour...

20220806_164208.jpg

20220805_183852.jpg

Re: Cooking Indian.

Now I love Indian flavours (I'm a bit of a hedonist).

that looks fantastic,  I love the presentation and naan bread is just fantastic with such a mix as you have there.

I love tandoori lamb and tandoori chicken.

What I've learned is to mix those flavours with other ingredients, and barbecue giving me a fusion that provides an interesting release of flavours.

Obviously, tandoori with sour cream or especially yoghurt), added to a leg of lamb, with knife scoring to rub in the mix, then rotisserie roasted on a smoky barbecue is an experience. 

Now you have me inspired. It's been a while since I've done Indian flavours on the BBQ.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects