Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a fence frame for mirror against existing Colorbond fence?

shvlzz
Just Starting Out

How to build a fence frame for mirror against existing Colorbond fence?

Hi all,

I'm a long time listener and first time caller on Bunnings Workshop.

I'm planning to add a bamboo fence against my existing Colorbond fence and while this in itself is easy to do (lots of posts have great advice for this already), there is an extra requirement the missus wants which I'm not sure about.

She wants to add not one but two framed mirrors onto the bamboo fence which will obviously add considerable weight that the new frame will need to support.

The existing Colorbond fence sits on timber running in the garden bed.

I'm wondering how I would go about constructing a frame that doesn't require concreting posts in or if its even possible to do without concreting posts.

Cheers,

Shuli

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fence frame for mirror against existing Colorbond fence

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @shvlzz. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about mounting mirrors.

Any idea how heavy these mirrors will be? My first thought would be to run two vertical lengths of timber screwed to the Colorbond fence's top and bottom rails. The bamboo can be laid over the top, and mounting screws placed through it into the timber behind for the mirror to hang on. Obviously if the mirrors are exceptionally heavy it would be best to install self-supporting posts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects