Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a fence with Reo mesh?

RavitGlance
Just Starting Out

How to build a fence with Reo mesh?

Hi,

I am looking to build a fence using  Reo mesh and wooden or metal posts. The dimensions of the fence will be approximately 20 meters in length, with a height of around 1.80 meters.  I intend to grow a climber plant on the fence.

Could you please recommend suitable Reo mesh sheets for this project? what can offer durability, strength, and compatibility with climbing plants. Additionally, I would appreciate any advice on the type of posts that would be best suited for supporting the Reo mesh and accommodating the climbing plant. Thank you!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a fence with Reo mesh?

Hello @RavitGlance 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about building a fence with Reo mesh.

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - Hardwood and mesh trellis with planter boxes by @DIY4Knuckleheds. It is an excellent example of how you can build a fence with mesh and serve as a climbing frame at the same time. 

You'll notice that they used smaller pieces of timber for their post. You don't need to copy the exact assembly; It is possible to use H4 90x90 timber posts and incorporate some of the design features of the mesh trellis. As to the rest of the assembly I suggest using H3 70x45.

I propose drawing it on paper first to give you a good idea of how you can put it together. It will also quantify the amount of materials you'll need to use for your project. I recommend visiting your local store and have a look at the mesh types available. Reo if left unpainted and unprotected will corrode and perish.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects