Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build an outdoor corner seat attached to a wall?

GoDockers52
Just Starting Out

How to build an outdoor corner seat attached to a wall?

A photo is attached showing the corner where I'd like to build a seat and fix it to the wall.

20230115_123618.jpg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to build an outdoor corner seat attached to a wall?

Hello @GoDockers52,

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're delighted to have you join us and hope you're finding the site a great resource for useful D.I.Y. advice and inspiring ideas.

Thanks for your question on building an outdoor corner seat. Our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to assist you with your query when he's back online later today. In the meantime let me tag some members who have attempted similar projects of their own to see if they have any advice: @sandy_d, @lcooksey88 and @Poppop.

You can also find some inspiring related ideas in our collection of outdoor bench seats.

Hope this helps. Please do keep us updated as this project progresses. We'd love to see the final result.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build an outdoor corner seat attached to a wall?

Hello @GoDockers52

Thanks for sharing your question about building an outdoor corner seat attached to the wall. In order for the weight to be spread evenly, I suggest building timber brackets on the wall and building the seat on top of them. In this manner, the weight is spread out evenly across the wall without it being concentrated in one spot. The issue with a no-bracket system is that the brick wall might not be very strong and could possibly be hollow and only held together with mortar on the edges.

I suggest using the Ramset Ultrafix in combination with Ramset Anchor Stud to hold the timber brackets in place. My only other recommendation is to have a look at Merbau Panels as an alternative material. I've placed a sketch below to give you an idea of what it could look like once you've assembled it.

Here is a handy guide on how to use the Ramset Ultrafix: 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

GoDockers52 chair1.jpgGoDockers52 chair2.jpgGoDockers52 chair3.jpgGoDockers52 chair4.jpgGoDockers52 chair5.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects