Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build cover over outdoor entertaining area?

sahilmalhotra14
Just Starting Out

How to build cover over outdoor entertaining area?

Hi everyone,

I've just built a seating arrangement with pallets in our outdoor space.

I am now wanting to cover it up (with something like a pergola) so we can sit outside in the sun/rain.

Something like this - https://pin.it/4G7xbtP

But open to other ideas - needs to be inexpensive please.

Attached a photo of the seating arrangement.

20240108_154258.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Pergola/outdoor covered area

Hi @sahilmalhotra14 

Consider

Bedra Folding Foam Mattress Trifold Camping Cushion Mat Single

I/N: 0508511

$85.41

OR

People through out great lounges on  road side  why not pinch the cushions wash them and  recover them to siut your needs 

or

Bedra Folding Foam Mattress Sofa Bed Trifold Sleeping Mat Single

I/N: 0508507

$87.

• Tri-function use
  • Bamboo fabric cover
  • High-density foam
  • Medium firmness
  • Zipper design
A mattress. A mat. A couch. With our bedra bedding folding mattress, it clearly unfolds a tri-function capability in an instant. Whether you want to sleep on it, watch tv, do your favourite readings or have a yoga session, the folding mattress does the gig perfectly.

upholstered with bamboo fabric, the mattress is breathable and allergy-free with a 10cm thick foam infill for total comfort. And for the hygiene-obsessed, the bamboo fabric cover is easily unzipped for cleaning and washing. Love camping? Take this folding mattress along for a super neat camp bed and seat.

not least, it works as a handy spare bed too for overnight guests. With so much going for it, the bedra bedding folding mattress is must-have for all the right reasons.

Thank you. Sorry I may not have been clear. I am wanting a sun cover with perhaps a pergola or something similar. 

I already managed to find cushions.

Hi @sahilmalhotra14 

Yes  you wanted shade I gave you cushions as  looking  at photo it yelled get me  cushions lol

But any how  a carport cover will cover most of your  lounge area. and is  inexpensive I never used one so cant vouch for it in person though. 

I would treat it almost like a tent and tie and peg it to the ground. Or you might find  better solution incase of winds.

Shelter Logic 2.7 x 2.4 x 4.9m Portable Monarc Carport

I/N: 0036261

$269

• Easy to Assemble
  • 100% Waterproof
  • Lightweight
  • Fits Most Back Yards
ShelterLogic Monarc Canopy™ line of all-purpose canopies features an arch shape, light colored polyethylene cover, and black frame.

Appealing to a sophisticated consumer lifestyle, this unique canopy is both attractive and functional. Ideal for shade coverage and protection from inclement weather, this stylish canopy with clean lines and earth tones blends into any outdoor home décor.

It is easy to assemble and conveniently sized to fill most backyard needs.

Hi @sahilmalhotra14 

This   Gazebo  has steel poles  and  is cutely  extendable,  costs a bit more but might be more durable.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/marquee-charcoal-extendable-steel-gazebo_p0471943

Marquee Charcoal Extendable Steel Gazebo

I/N: 0471943

$699

Hello @sahilmalhotra14 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about covering your outdoor seating area.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Jewelleryrescue. Just to add the the suggestions made, I recommend thinking about using Shade Sails and Timber posts to create your own personal sunshade cover. 

I propose using Shade Sail Accessory Marquee 11pc Fastener Kit Galv 496289 to anchor the shade sail to the posts.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects