Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean oil stains on concrete?

lavanya
Growing in Experience

How to clean oil stains on concrete?

Hi All, 

Concrete in the outdoor has oil stains and as well fire cracker burn stains. How can I remove it. 

Thanks

Lavy 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean the oil stains on the concrete

Hello @lavanya (Lavy)

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about cleaning the oil stains on your concrete floor.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your entire concrete floor area? This will give our members a chance to assess your floor. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed. 

In the meantime, here is a link to our best advice: How do you remove stains from the garage floor?

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
lavanya
Growing in Experience

Re: How to clean oil stains on concrete?

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply. Attached are the pictures , it is very difficult to clean ..please advise how can the stains be removed as well I would like to know how can I clean the concrete weekly once without using pressure water .. as it is becoming dusty .Thanks 

aPicture3.jpgPicture2.jpgPicture1.jpg 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean oil stains on concrete?

Hello @lavanya 

Thank you for posting the picture of the oil stain. Luckily it is not a very big stain, I suggest testing out CLR 750ml Oil And Grease Remover in combination with Morgan Round Dish Brush or similar. Make sure to give the CLR enough time to activate so that it penetrates the concrete. 

In regards to cleaning the concrete weekly, I recommend Chemtech 1L Concrete And Driveway Cleaner. It is biodegradable and 

does not affect plastic, rubber, glass and most metals.  

Please make sure to use personal protection such as gloves and goggles while cleaning your driveway.

Eric   

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects