Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean outdoor area roof?

poppylee198
Cultivating a Following

How to clean outdoor area roof?

9C72E80A-A945-4DB0-8DCB-20E5FBF63DDD.jpeg

Best way to clean outdoor undercover area roof? What product removes the growth? 

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: cleaning outdoor area roof

Hi @poppylee198 

I am hoping growth is mainly on sunny side of the roof.? A little  pricy but this will clean up your whole roof.

30 Seconds 5L Spray And Walk Away Concentrate I/N: 4460170 $52.98

If  so this product has my ful attention I want to try soon as well it has good reviews as to effectiveness long term.

• Slow release
  • Works over times to remove algae, moss, mould, mildew and lichen from exterior surfaces
  • No hosing or scrubbing required just spray it on and walk away
  • Fully biodegradable and phosphate free. Safe to use around the garden.
A cost-effective non-bleach based exterior cleaner used to restore all those dangerous slimy green and slippery black surfaces you have around the home to near new.

The combination of biodegradable selective surfactants is slow acting on moss, mould, mildew, lichen and algae and works over time reactivating for the first few rainfalls. No hosing or scrubbing just spray it on and walk away.

If dirt was on the inside to  I would use a clean  broom and try rub the dirt off.

Hope This helps.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean outdoor area roof?

Hi @poppylee198 

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Jewelleryrescue. Using 30 Seconds 5L Outdoor Cleaner Concentrate on your polycarbonate is a good way to remove the moss and mould on your roof. My best advice is to make sure to give it enough time to activate before washing it off. My only other suggestion is to use a pressure washer on its lowest setting to clean your outdoor roof.

If you will be using a ladder, I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to use ladders safely by @Adam_W.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects