Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect air con discharge to downpipe?

falconed
Just Starting Out

How to connect air con discharge to downpipe?

Hi All,

I am looking at connecting my A/C drain to my closest downpipe to avoid it discharging next to the house and potentially making its way down to the foundations.

What connection would be recommended where is calls for a 'sealed connection' below.

Would drilling through the downpipe and sealing the pipe with some silicon be sufficient or should a use some sort of saddle?

My downpipe is round for additional information.

Cheers!

Screenshot 2024-01-22 224250.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect air con discharge to downpipe?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @falconed. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting an air con drain hose.

I'd suggest using these part to create Figure 3a: Holman 20mm x 1m PVC Pressure Pipe, Holman 20mm PVC Plain Tee and a Holman 20mm 90° White PVC Elbow. Arrange them as I have shown in the rendering below. Your drain hose is placed within the 90-degree elbow at the end. The fittings can be glued together with PVC cement, which can also be used to glue the adaptor into a PVC downpipe. You'll need a 20mm spade bit to drill the hole in the downpipe.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects