Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect pryda stirrups to 100mm posts?

Vidya
Finding My Feet

How to connect pryda stirrups to 100mm posts?

We are installing 6 100mm * 2400mm high posts and connecting them using 90mm *45mm*3000mm beams to spread our grapevines. 

However, after installing Pryda stirrups in concrete we realized couple of the posts are very close to brick garden bed. Pryda guidelines suggests using m10 bolts or coach screws. Not sure which one to use and if we can make it work with drilling machine as one side is close to a wall. Attached image for reference.

1000020028.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect pryda stirrups to 100mm posts?

Hello @Vidya 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your stirrups.

I recommend using the nut and bolt configuration as you can make it very tight and secure. Looking at the picture you posted, it appears that there is enough room between the stirrup and the brick wall for you to use a shifter or adjustable wrench. 

Please note that you'll need to install the bolt at the front and not at the back of the stirrup as there is not enough room between the brick and the stirrup.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your project.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Vidya
Finding My Feet

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for the response. 

Also, I see holes down in the stirrups. Should we be securing that as well? If so with what?

Regards,

Vidya 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Vidya 

The holes at the bottom are used if the stirrups are to be mounted to the base of the slab. But since it has already been concreted in place by its post you only need to use the ones at the sides.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Vidya
Finding My Feet

Oh.. makes sense. Thanks a ton again Eric.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects