Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to erect support posts for outdoor blind?

nipa
Finding My Feet

How to erect support posts for outdoor blind?

Hi

I want to install a 3m wide x1.5m pullout length outdoor blind from house wall to posts at fence. Attach with toggles.

What is best method to secure aluminium/steel posts for support?

Thanks

Pete

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to erect support posts

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Pete (@nipa). It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing posts.

Would you be able to provide a little more detail on where you'd like to install these posts and their purpose? I note you'll be attaching the blind to the house's wall. Are these posts to be installed at the fence for the blind to attach to when it's extended? Perhaps a quick sketch of your intended placement would help our members visualise the situation. They'll then be better placed to advise on how to secure them.

If the posts are at the fence line and the blind will pull out and attach to them, I'd suggest the best approach would be to concrete them into the ground. I've created a rendering below of what that could look like. The concrete foundation is likely going to be the most secure. Alternatively, could you attach them directly to the fence? You might like to include an image of the area where the blind will be installed.

I'm keen to hear more about your project and provide further assistance. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell

Your sketch provides a very accurate image of what my project entails and confirms what I need to do.

Much appreciated.

Regards

Nipa 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Must have been a good guess then @nipa! I'm so glad my sketch has assisted.

Shout out if you run into any difficulties as I'm sure our knowledgeable members will be pleased to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects