Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill cladding gap on front facade?

amichaelmedia
Cultivating a Following

How to fill cladding gap on front facade?

1000008387.jpg

1000008388.jpg

Hey team

I'm guessing this gap is from ground movement. Front facade cladding gap only showing on this lower corner of the house. House is 2 years old.  

How should I approach this. Was about to clean facade. Want to fix it up in whilst I'm focusing on that area

No gaps, primer and paint over?

Cheers

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: cladding issue on front facade

Evening @amichaelmedia 

Id agree with you on ground movement as well, It may even close up in a period of time. 

Depending on how you feel about it you could leave it and see (But remember to have a look every so often :smile: )

Or

I would suggest to scrape away the loose sides of the gap and then fill with polyfiller, (Polyfilla 450g Exterior Timber Filler  then when applying make it smooth so you have less to sand when its dry. Once dry you can touch up the paint.

Dave

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fill cladding gap on front facade?

Hi @amichaelmedia,

Some great advice from @Dave-1 there. You might want to consider a flexible filler that will resist cracking if there's continued movement, like Parfix 475g White Gap Filler. Although the Polyfilla is extremely flexible, I believe a silicone-based filler would provide superior results. Once the gap is filled and the sealant cured, you can prime and paint.

Here's a helpful guide: How to apply silicone sealant.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects