Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hang Specrite fence panel?

AJ-DIYer
Building a Reputation

How to hang Specrite fence panel?

Hi

I'm trying to Build a structure to hang the fence panel below, thinking of setting up a few posts, run some horizontal timbre between the posts then use screws to hang the screen on top of it. This is all in front of my colourbond fence.  Is this the right way? Also I don't see enough space on the panel between the vertical lines to put through the screws. 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/specrite-1800-x-902mm-pre-oiled-merbau-alternating-slat-fence-panel_p850...

Thanks 

AJ-DIYer
Building a Reputation

Re: how do I hang SpecRite fence panel

Hi @EricL, @MitchellMc 

I'm planning to install the posts for the frame on top of Pyrda stirrups that bunnings sell.

My posts are 2.4m long. What should be the height of the stirrup to go into the ground?

Thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @AJ-DIYer,

I'd recommend using these Pryda 450x90mm M10 Full Stirrup Post Anchors and having the entire leg concreted in the ground with only the mounting section above your footer.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
AJ-DIYer
Building a Reputation

Thanks @MitchellMc 

How many horizontal  timbre pieces do I need to run between two posts that are 1.8 metres apart? do I need to 2 or 3 horizontal pieces? Since These timbre pieces have to be aligned to the pieces attached to the back of the panels.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @AJ-DIYer,

If you went with 90 x 45mm, you'd likely be able to run one at the top and one at the bottom. I'd recommend joining the panels together on the remaining two middle pieces on the back of the panel with mending plates. That will help the 90 x 45mm timber to not sag.

Mitchell

AJ-DIYer
Building a Reputation

Thanks @MitchellMc 

Can you help me understand how to use the mending plates to join the panels together on the remaining middle pieces?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for the slow reply @AJ-DIYer. Unfortunately Mitch has had to take some unexpected leave. 

Let me tag @EricL to assist as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @AJ-DIYer 

My apologies for the late reply. The mending plates are placed between where the two panel joins to serve as a supporting element for the panels. I've sketched up an image below to give you an idea of where the plates are to be installed.

The plates are usually installed at the back where it can't be seen.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects