Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to improve gutter?

JamesT
Getting Established

How to improve gutter?

Hi I am new to home ownership and I have 2 situations with gutters:

1) Gutter is draining water on a wooden fence (not ideal), and I'd like to redirect it. How can I do this?

2) Gutter drain is about 50mm short of the drain hole, which means most of the water flows onto the concrete than into the drain. How could I fix this?

Thank you heaps for any information or suggestions. Would appreciate suggestions for items I can buy from bunnings or locally in Perth.

20240502_082521.jpg

20240502_082551.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to improve gutter?

Hello @JamesT 

Thanks for sharing your question about your gutter. It is technically possible to redirect your gutter, however, one of the main issues with moving it is where will you anchor it once you've moved it? In this instance I recommend upgrading your downpipe to PVC to make it more watertight.

Generally speaking, it would be possible to use a Holman 100 x 80 x 90mm PVC Stormwater Downpipe Adaptor to link to your galvanized dropper. The turns can then be managed by using Holman 90mm 90° M&F PVC Stormwater Elbow. The rest of the assembly can be assembled using 90mm PVC pipes.

The end goal of the assembly is to make sure you provide enough length so that you can point the end of the downpipe into the storm water drain. 

Please note that it might be necessary to engage a licensed plumber to complete this work. If in doubt consult your local building authority before you begin.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects