Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Backyard Discovery 2.4 x 1.6 x 2.2m Saxony BBQ Gazebo?

shumm
Growing in Experience

How to install Backyard Discovery 2.4 x 1.6 x 2.2m Saxony BBQ Gazebo?

IMG_2575.jpeg

Hi all, would really like some advice on how to accomodate this gazebo into the below space. The top concrete slab is about 1.5 wide (so a tad bit short for the gazebo @1.6 depth). Can I attach some sort of brackets to the lower slab to give the front of the gazebo some extra lift at the front? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Installing Backyard Discovery 2.4 x 1.6 x 2.2m Saxony BBQ Gazebo

Hi @shumm,

It sounds like the best approach would be to create some elevated pads where the feet will be placed on the lower slab. These pads could be created using two stacked Brighton Masonry 200 x 200 x 50mm Cream Mypave Pavers covered with a cement render or Concremate. Alternatively, you could use formwork to create the outline of the pads and pour concrete into them. It would be a good idea to install some Ankascrews into the face of the higher slab and the lower slab to give the pad something to bind to. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
shumm
Growing in Experience

Thanks so much for the clear advise (and the drawing)! Really appreciate it!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

No worries, @shumm, I'm pleased to assist. Let us know how you go, and reach out again if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects