Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a bore and pump?

Flano
Just Starting Out

How to install a bore and pump?

Hi, I want to install a pump and bore for a reticulation system at a residential premises. How do you do it? How do you calculate the pump output for sprinklers?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bore and pump instillation

Hello @Flano 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about bore and pump installation.

The typical water pressure from a residential tap is around 500kPa. This pressure is often enough to run multiple sprinkler heads to water a medium sized garden. A standard Ozito pump such as the Ozito 800W Constant Pressure Pump has a pressure rating of 1000kPa. More than enough to handle a large sprinkler system.

The pump you'll be purchasing needs to be able to put up with bore water and should be able to pump at least 500kPa. The other factors you'll need to take into consideration is the size of your garden and the type of sprinkler you'll be using.

One way to save on water is to use a drip irrigation system - How to install a drip irrigation watering system by @Adam_W. However, this system is sometimes not applicable to large lawn systems. I also recommend having a look at this discussion - How many sprinklers do I need? by @hec5. You'll find some excellent links that will help you plan your sprinkler system.

I also suggest having a look at this featured discussion - New sprinkler install by @Prawns. There is an excellent video showing how the new sprinklers are functioning.

As long as your pump meets minimum pressure requirements, there should be no issues with installing a multi head sprinkler system.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects