Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install outdoor blind on an angle? Post not in-line.

jzb02
Finding My Feet

How to install outdoor blind on an angle? Post not in-line.

jzb02_0-1705464309997.png

I am thinking if i can install a 38mm fence rail between both on an angle. Using brackets and then install blind on the rail ?? or if there is any other way to do it ?? . As the blinds bracket can not be installed on an angle. 

jzb02_1-1705464533236.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to install outdoor blind on an angle? Post not in-line.

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop @jzb02. We're pleased to have you join the community. 

Let me tag one of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts in @EricL to assist you as soon as possible. Other helpful members like @DIYGnome and @MikeTNZ might also be able to assist in the meantime.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jzb02
Finding My Feet

Thanks Jason 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jzb02,

Could you please tell us more about the need to install on an angle and the product you're using? Some images of the area that show the issue would also be handy. Let me know if you need a hand uploading them.

I see that one post is stepped in from the edge, creating an unusual angle. I suspect creating a timber beam between the two posts would be the easiest solution. The ends of the beam can be cut at an angle to meet the post surfaces. I've created a rendering below to illustrate.

I like your idea of using the fence mounts, and if they achieve the goal of mounting the rail, then they could be a neat solution.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Thanks Mitchell 

I think I have to put a timber or metal rail like your plan shows. I am using Colaroo outdoor crank operated mesh blind . 
I am on it now . Will post pictures once done. Thanks for your support. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated, @jzb02, and please reach out again if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects