Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to re-paint the outdoor water feature?

ramdev1985
Finding My Feet

How to re-paint the outdoor water feature?

image.jpg

image.jpg

I want to re-paint the outdoor water feature. Please suggest the material needed and the instructions to follow. Thanks in advance.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Re-paint the outdoor water feature

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ramdev1985. It's excellent to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repainting a water feature.

I'm sorry, but I am unaware of any paint designed to re-coat your water feature. Chances are that it's a resin-based feature, and the manufacturer has applied a specific coating. Do you happen to know the manufacturer of the feature? They would be in the best position to advise on re-coating products. If it were one of our features, I'd be more than happy to contact the manufacturer.

Our only real option is exterior paints, but they are unsuitable for coating over resin and won't provide that stone effect the current paint has. You could try them, but given the coating on the water feature is already compromised and deteriorating, the new paint coat could fail quickly.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Re-paint the outdoor water feature

Thank you Mitchell, I will find more details about the feature and get back to you.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects