Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to rejuvenate a Pebblecrete path?

JustinMcAbbe
Cultivating a Following

How to rejuvenate a Pebblecrete path?

image.jpeg

Hello,

I am looking to rejuvenate our path which gets allot of mold and wanted to check my plan and products;

My Plan;

- Wash / Pressure clean mold with detergent.

- Use White Knight Ultra Pave Concrete Etcher

-  Apply 1st coat of White knight Ultra Pave Heavy Duty

- Apply 2nd coat of White knight Ultra Pave Heavy Duty + Top Coat Grip 

Not going to use Primer.

Any thoughts

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to rejuvenate a Pebblecrete path?

Hello @JustinMcAbbe 

That sounds like a good plan; However, I still suggest using the primer. Using the primer will provide the topcoat the best possible surface to anchor onto. Please note that the White Knight Ultra Pave is for concrete and paving surfaces. Applying this coating to your pebblecrete path may or may not work and is at your own risk.    

Any warranty that the product has will no longer be applicable, because you've used it on a surface that's not been approved.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @JustinMcAbbe,

I'd suggest you start by cleaning the surface with outdoor cleaner and a high-pressure washer. This will remove the vast majority of the moss and algae, drastically improving the look. As @EricL has mentioned, concrete paints are unsuitable for Pebblecreate as they can not bond sufficiently to the pebble surfaces.

Once you've cleaned and rejuvenated the surface you can then make a decision of what to do next. The concern I have about you using the paint, is if it starts to delaminate and lift in sections due to the pebbles, you'll be left with a partially painted surface that will look horrendous and the paint will be near impossible to remove from the areas where it has bonded to the concrete.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

JustinMcAbbe
Cultivating a Following

Thank you all for the warning about the paint, I review this article, https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Re-surfacing-pebblecrete/td-p/38889, 

That suggest to use Megatreat products, but, I just dont think that's the right option, its looks super think in the youtube videos. Not much info on the website. Apart from cleaning it, I dont think there is much to change the colour to white . which is fine, i can live with that. 

Thank you

Hello,

Instead of the Paint, do you think this product can be use on Pebblecrete - White Knight 4L Ultra Pave Clear Sealer

Hi @JustinMcAbbe,

That product lists that it is suitable for Pebblecrete. So, once you've cleaned the area thoroughly, you can apply this to seal the surface and prevent algal buildup and discolouration. You'd want to get the surface as clean as possible before applying.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects