Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove mould from outdoor blinds?

maureen4
Just Starting Out

How to remove mould from outdoor blinds?

Hi I have fixed rollup blinds on my patio with mould, how can I remove the mould without killing my plants growing on the patio and a garden 1 metre away? Thanking you

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove mould from outdoor blinds?

Hello @maureen4 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about removing mould from your outdoor blinds.

I propose using 30 Seconds 5L Outdoor Cleaner Concentrate it is plant safe, but any runoff that settles on your lawn or plants must be watered down as soon as possible to dilute the spray. Once it is rinsed into the soil it will start to break down.

To add to the cleaning function of the spray I recommend brushing the blinds with a soft bristle broom such as the Morgan 270mm Indoor Broom. This will aid in the removal of the mould and moss on the surface of the blinds. 

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask. Please make sure to follow all the safety guidelines printed at the back of the bottle.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects