Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to render a low brick wall?

cococat
Growing in Experience

How to render a low brick wall?

Hello 😄

I would like to render this rough bagged wall. I have watched the Bunnings how to video but was wondering if there were any tips and tricks that would help with my project.

I will use Davco off white render and then paint. Should I add bondcrete to the mix? How do you get a sharp edge over

IMG_7397.jpeg

the rounded brick top?

Any guidance would be helpful! Thank you!

Cococat

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to render a low brick wall?

Hi @cococat 

Thanks for sharing your question about rendering your low brick wall. It's great that you've seen the guide for rendering. I suggest using a pressure washer on your brick wall in combination with a bristle brush and detergent. This will give your wall a clean surface and remove any loose material on the brick wall. 

I'm in total agreement with your plan on adding Bondall 1L BondCrete Cement Additive. Not only does it add bonding strength but enhances sealing properties as well. My best advice is to mix only what you need during rendering. In this manner the mixed render will not be sitting out in the open too long.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.  

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects