Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair alfresco concrete slab gap?

Sam12
Finding My Feet

How to repair alfresco concrete slab gap?

How can i align the bricks and concrete floor on this alfresco and whats the best idea to close the vertical gap as well

IMG_9030.jpeg

IMG_9036.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair alfresco concrete slab gap?

Hi @Sam12,

A form structure will certainly be beneficial and help establish a neat edge. However, it will make it difficult to fill the area, so I suggest you do so in a couple of applications. For the first, fill inside and under the slab out to almost the front edge of the slab. Wait for this to cure before adding your formwork. You can then fill behind it, ensuring that the mix is pushed down into any gaps. Vibrating the formwork with an orbital sander can help the mix settle. Once the mix has set, you can remove the formwork and fill any voids or air pockets you missed.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair alfresco concrete slab gap?

Hello @Sam12 

I would follow @Dave-1's suggestion and mix the grout firm. This means that you don't add too much water that it turns slurry. It would be like the consistency of peanut butter or very thick toothpaste. This will prevent it from slumping, and it will hold its shape. But if you feel that building formwork will help you with your project, I suggest doing a test build first to make sure that it does not fall or slide off when supporting the grout. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects