Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair old pine log fence/barrier?

MSSM
Finding My Feet

How to repair old pine log fence/barrier?

Hi,
I have an old fence/barrier made of treated pine logs bolted to plates and these are bolted to very large metal posts/girders. The plates and bolts are rusted through and the pine logs are splitting. I can't find any replacement plates nor brackets. How should I attack this?
Thanks!

20240323_155215.jpg20240323_155236.jpg20240323_155315.jpg20240323_155526.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair old pine log fence/barrier?

Hi @MSSM,

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into some issues procuring pine posts.

You might want to speak to the Trade Desk or Special Orders desk at your local store as they'll be able to order some in for you.

Let me know if you want some further assistance.

Jacob

MSSM
Finding My Feet

There must be some supply issue because according to the web site, there are none in stock anywhere.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @MSSM 

Would you consider sleepers?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @MSSM,

Can you advise which size you were looking for and the general area you are in? I am happy to make some enquiries to check availability in your area.

Jacob

MSSM
Finding My Feet

No, they need to match the other ones (incl my neighbour's ones)

MSSM
Finding My Feet

Hi, I'm after I/N: 8500109,  I/N: 8500104, or I/N: 8500083 in the Sydney metro area. I've asked at the trades desk, and there are none of these anywhere in the Sydney metro area, and none are on order either. Seems either there's a supply issue or Bunnings isn't going to stock them any more?

Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @MSSM,

Typically, our stores in the Sydney metro carry 100mm Pine logs. The 125mm and above are regionally stocked items in our more rural areas. They're most commonly used for fence posts on farms.  

I can see we have some 150mm 2.4m Pole H4 Treated Pine Round Wet at Bunnings Smithfield, 125mm 2.4m Pole H4 Treated Pine Round Wet at Bunnings West Gosford and 125 x 125mm 2.4m Slab H4 Treated Pine Wet CCA at Bunnings Rouse Hill. They've likely ordered these to assist with a demand in that area. If you were to head to any of these stores, I would recommend you call before you travel there to ensure sufficient quantity for your needs.

How many of each were you after? We can certainly ask our local supplier if we could place a Special Order for those quantities.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi,

Only 2.

Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @MSSM,

Was it two of each or two of any? Are any of those stores close enough to travel to? What is your closest store so I can inquire whether they can order the product?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi,

- Smithfield is OK for me, as would be Belambi and Kembla Grange. Rouse Hill is possible but not ideal. Gosford is too far.

- Only 2 items in total, ideally of the same type. The "125 x 125mm 2.4m Slab H4 Treated Pine Wet CCA" would be best.

Thanks!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects