Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair old pine log fence/barrier?

MSSM
Finding My Feet

How to repair old pine log fence/barrier?

Hi,
I have an old fence/barrier made of treated pine logs bolted to plates and these are bolted to very large metal posts/girders. The plates and bolts are rusted through and the pine logs are splitting. I can't find any replacement plates nor brackets. How should I attack this?
Thanks!

20240323_155215.jpg20240323_155236.jpg20240323_155315.jpg20240323_155526.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair old pine log fence/barrier?

Were you going to be picking these up from the store, or would you fit the 2400mm long lengths in your vehicle @MSSM? If it assists, you could have the 125 x 125mm 2.4m Slab H4 Treated Pine Wet CCA delivered directly from Rouse Hill to your home if it is too far away for you to drive there.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

I could put them on my roof rack. But Rouse Hill is a long way away. How much would delivery be for the 2 items?

Thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @MSSM 

I believe your quote will depend on the distance of your location. Allow me to reach out to you through private messaging to get more details. I'll also notify the team that you're after a quote for delivery.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @MSSM,

The team at Bunnings Rouse Hill will reach out to you shortly with delivery options. They are currently just checking whether our delivery carrier will travel that far, or perhaps we could transfer that stock to a store closer to your location to be delivered from there.

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects