Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair or replace the clothesline?

DannyN
Finding My Feet

How to repair or replace the clothesline?

Hi,

Our clothesline is rusted and broken. Can you please recommend a suitable replacement option? Additionally, would it be acceptable to retain the two poles and only install the new clothesline? Thank you in advance.

Danny

437574789_466234225752553_5183088388365292433_n (1).jpg437558859_1324055275648669_2476504072412170739_n (1).jpg 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair or replace the clothesline?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @DannyN. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replacing a clothesline.

Could you let our helpful members know the width between the posts? That way, they'd be better placed to find a new unit that matches the existing fixture points. There are plenty of fold-down clotheslines available; it's just a matter of finding one that suits your posts.

Here's a helpful step-by-step guide: How to install a wall-mounted clothesline. The only difference is that you'll be using bolts instead of masonry anchors to secure the clothesline to the posts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for getting back to me, Mitchell! Your response was very helpful.

Based on the distance between the posts being around 215cm, I assume the 2.2m option would be suitable.

While this clothesline seems to be a good option, I'm uncertain from the description how to ensure it fits the current posts. Any insights on that?

Thanks again.

Danny

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @DannyN,

The distance between the mounting holes on that model is 2200mm. So, if you measure from the mounting hole on one post to the mounting hole on the other post, hopefully, you get 2200mm. Regarding the mounting holes themselves, you likely need to re-drill them if this is not a hills clothesline mount.

Mitchell

Thanks @MitchellMc. Could you please suggest a tool to re-drill the standing posts?

Danny

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @DannyN,

You can re-drill the post with a drill driver and suitably sized drill bit.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects