Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair pool coping pavers?

annieerbs
Cultivating a Following

How to repair pool coping pavers?

We recently bought a home with an ingrown pebblecrete pool. Some of the coping pavers are loose. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to repair these. Would like to try ourselves first

Thanks a a a qq

16667577978073309197554780257800.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair pool coping pavers?

Hello @annieerbs

The old grout around the coping tile will have to be removed and the paver itself lifted out. Once you've taken it out, I suggest removing all the old paving adhesive that was on the base and on the paver itself. Please be careful when cleaning the paver as you don't want to damage it while taking the old adhesive off. 

I then recommend cleaning the area of dust and debris and using Davco 20kg Ultraflex Ceramic Tile Adhesive to re-attach the coping paver back onto the side of your pool. You'll need to keep the area dry to prevent pool water from going into the grout line of the paver. Once the adhesive has cured you can then regrout the coping tile with Dunlop 1.5kg Flexible Coloured Grout or similar. 

My number one tip is to make sure that you give the adhesive and the grout enough time to cure before you get them wet. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MeganCooper
Growing in Experience

Re: How to repair pool coping pavers?

Reglue and grout. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects