Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace downpipe adaptors?

Finding My Feet

How to replace downpipe adaptors?

Hey, how can i replace the downpipe adaptors?

thanks a lot 




Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: replace downpipe adaptor

Hi @robinbrar,


Thank you for your question about replacing damaged downpipe adaptors.


The first image looks like the adaptor is intact, it has just slipped off the downpipe. You may be able to just lift it back into place and fix it there using Zenith 12G x 20mm Galvanised Hex Head With Seal Metal Screws. These screws have a rubber seal on them that is designed to compress and seal the hole created. Make sure not to overdrive them as this seal can over-compress and split.


The second image looks like you'll need to replace the adaptor. You'll need to confirm measurements, but you should be able to remove the existing adaptor and replace it with a Holman 100 x 80 x 90mm PVC Stormwater Downpipe Adaptor fixed in place like above. 


Let me know if you have any further questions, I am happy to assist further if required.




Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects