Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to restore a Pebblecrete driveway?

Weirdo
Just Starting Out

How to restore a Pebblecrete driveway?

Hi, My pebble driveaway now has loose pebbles coming up all over it and is really difficult to walk om in bare feet now/. It clearly needs re-lacquering of some sort nut not sure ow to go about it. Any assistance would be appreciated (note pictures below- driveway wet).

14.jpg15.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Diveway restoration

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Weirdo. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about restoring a Pebblecrete driveway.

There are no products that I am aware of designed for coating over and sealing Pebblecrete. I would imagine that it would be a clear epoxy mixture, and I suspect you'd need to enlist the services of a professional with access to those types of products to complete the job.

Let me mention @Jewelleryrescue to see if they have any thoughts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Diveway restoration

Hi  @Weirdo 

There is no GT all your stones will stay in place forever but the following product will lock the stones in as well as possible, This  sealer  designed for agrate  and will  protect the surface from  wear,.

Now your pebbles are looking like they need a good hi pressure  wash to pre clean them by all means do this but not at point blank range  as all your pebbles might wash out. Hold the wand up higher so you get a clean but not cutting stones out.

No need to brush all the loose pebble crete stones off as formulation will glue them down some what.  Some  may still come lose.

Search  for suppliers for nu tech Argeseal approx $250  for 20L 

NUTECH AGRESEAL CLEAR 20L

Agreseal is the deep-penetrating acrylic sealer that transforms your concrete and aggregate surfaces with a breathtaking glossy wet look. This easy-to-apply formula goes beyond aesthetics, protecting your surface from wear, tear, and stains, ensuring it shines brighter and lasts longer.

Agreseal: Unleash the Glossy Wet Look of Your Concrete and Aggregate Surfaces

Bring your concrete and aggregate surfaces back to life with Agreseal, the deep-penetrating, solvent-based acrylic sealer that delivers a stunning glossy wet look. This easy-to-apply solution goes beyond aesthetics, enhancing your surface’s performance and protecting it for years to come.

Discover the transformative power of Agreseal:

• Enhanced Appearance:Say goodbye to dull surfaces and hello to vibrant colors! Agreseal amplifies the natural beauty of your concrete and aggregate, showcasing their unique textures and hues.
  • Deeper Protection:Agreseal acts as a shield, repelling water, grease, oil, and most common household chemicals. This protects your surface from everyday wear and tear, ensuring its longevity.
  • Durable Performance:Whether you have light vehicle traffic or frequent foot activity, Agreseal stands up to the challenge. Its resilient formula guarantees lasting performance and a surface that stays looking beautiful.
  • Stain Resistant:This product repels stains, making cleaning and maintenance a breeze. Enjoy a worry-free surface that’s easy to keep spotless.
  • Non-Yellowing Finish:Unlike many sealers, Agreseal maintains its crystal-clear finish, ensuring your surface’s glossy wet look remains vibrant over time.
  • Easy Application:With a simple two-coat application process, Agreseal is ideal for DIY enthusiasts and professionals alike.

Application Guide:

For New Exposed Aggregate Surfaces:

• Etch the uncoated surface with Nu-EcoSafe Etch or Nu-EcoSafe Ultra Etch.
  • Ensure the surface is clean, dry, and free of efflorescence.
  • Apply a diluted first coat of Agreseal mixed with up to 50% PaveCoat Thinners.
  • Apply a second coat of undiluted Agreseal.

For Existing Exposed Aggregate:

• Determine if the existing aggregate has been previously sealed.
  • If the existing sealer is incompatible or requires removal, use Nu-EcoSafe Strip Industrial to strip it completely.
  • If the existing sealer is compatible, reactivate it with Reactivating Solvent.
  • Clean the surface thoroughly with Nu-EcoSafe Degreaser.
  • Etch the uncoated surface with Nu-EcoSafe Etch or Nu-EcoSafe Ultra Etch.
  • Apply two coats of Agreseal, following the same procedure as for new surfaces.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects