Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to use an Ozito airless paint sprayer?

davidsanchez
Just Starting Out

How to use an Ozito airless paint sprayer?

I purchased this air gun to paint exterior window frame, fence ect… 

I am using dulux enamel paint.

first time using the gun the paint is coming to thick and it’s running on the frames. How can I fix this problem. The paint isn’t coming out fine enough how do I fix this problem. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: ozito airless paint sprayer

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @davidsanchez. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about thinning paint.

Depending on the product you are using, there should be instructions on the can for how to thin it for spraying. If you can let me know the exact product you are using and if those instructions are there, I can advise further. Say it was the Dulux Metal Shield Epoxy Enamel, then it should have something on the can like: "For spraying, thin up to 100ml per litre with Dulux Metalshield® Brush Thinner or Dulux Metalshield® Spray Thinner."

The other issue could be applying too much paint, causing it to run. Try doing several lighter coats instead of one thicker coat. All spray guns have a flow control to adjust how much paint is applied. See your instruction manual for details on how your unit is adjusted.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects