Workshop
Ask a question

How to replace Matador Wok Burner on 4 Burner BBQ?

RobCon
Finding My Feet

How to replace Matador Wok Burner on 4 Burner BBQ?

Hi. I have a 8 or so year old Matador four burner with an attached wok burner. I don’t know the model but it’s not being sold anymore. The will burner has corroded and isn’t working efficiently. The available user manuals on the Matador site don’t show my model or any model that I can see with a wok burner so I haven’t been able to find the part number to seek to order a replacement part. Any assistance in identifying the part number would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

Rob

IMG_1129.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Matador Wok Burner on 4 Burner BBQ

Hi @RobCon,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is great to have you with us.

I would assume there would be a model number or serial number somewhere on the BBQ, however I can't be certain. It may be worth investigating inside the cabinet of the BBQ and underneath the burners.

Would you be able to upload a photo of the entire BBQ? I can get in touch with Matador's customer service team when they reopen tomorrow and see if there is anyone who can identify the specific model.

Jacob

Thanks, Jacob. Can’t see a serial number. But here’s a photo. 

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @RobCon,

I've emailed our supplier to see if they can identify the model and let us know if spare parts are available for your BBQ. I'll update you as soon as I hear back from them.

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace Matador Wok Burner on 4 Burner BBQ?

Hi @RobCon,

I'm not having a great deal of luck. Our suppliers of Matador BBQs are having some trouble identifying the model and neither have a replacement burning in that style.

Do you have any idea of how long ago it was purchased?

Mitchell

It would have been about 8 years ago

Hi Mitchell 

I’ve had another look and found the data plate. Please see attached. 

IMG_1134.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's the one we're looking for @RobCon. It gives me the supplier, which is Genesis. I'll shoot them an email now.

Many thanks.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @RobCon,

Unfortunately, I have heard back from the supplier, and as this BBQ was last sold 10 years ago, they no longer have a supply of parts for it.

As an alternative, you might like to consider using a Gasmate Cast Iron Burner - 2 Ring Burner or even a Gasmate Single Burner Wok Cooker.

I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Mitchell

That’s a bummer. Thank you for enquiring. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects