Workshop
Ask a question

What outdoor heater is recommended for alfresco sized 3000mm x 3000mm?

Samara1
Growing in Experience

What outdoor heater is recommended for alfresco sized 3000mm x 3000mm?

My Electrical roughing is going on. What type of Outdoor heater recommended in Alfresco sized 3000mm x 3000mm below.

I asked electrician to give 15amp power point in ceiling to have ceiling mounter heater in alfresco. Please recommend a good brand and model. thanks

Alfresco Heater.png

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Outdoor heater recommended in Alfresco sized 3000mm x 3000mm

Hi @Samara1,

Thank you for your question about outdoor heating.

I'd suggest you have a look at the range from HEATSTRIP. They are a high-quality brand when it comes to heating outdoors. There are a number of options to choose from so definitely worth a browse.

If you'd like something designed for a specific look, you might like to have a look at the Arlec 1500W Black Hanging 360° Instant Infrared Heater.

Let me know what you think.

Jacob

Samara1
Growing in Experience

thanks @JacobZ 

how many of this heater may be required for my alfresco sized 3x3 meter.

if the 15amps power point is added in the ceiling, then could i get separate switch somewhere near to Alfresco wall to turn ON/OFF access?

also i am adding a fan in center of Alfresco. will this fan clash with heater in ceiling for my alfresco size layout attached in my initial message?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Samara1,

The Arlec 1500W Black Hanging 360° Instant Infrared Heater does not specify an area of effect. I am happy to contact Arlec on Monday when their technical team returns to work if you would like me to.

I have found that the HEATSTRIP 2400W Classic with Remote states a heating area of 6 square metres, so two of these might be a good option for you. They are also a lower profile so they likely wouldn't be affected by the installation of a fan central to the area, but this would need to be confirmed with your electrician and builder.

Your question on the separate switch is one for your builder and electrician. As this is a licenced and regulated industry with specific Australian Standards that must be adhered to, I am unable to comment on this, but I don't think it would be an issue.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Samara1
Growing in Experience

Great thanks @JacobZ  please confirm once u find the response please.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Samara1,

Arlec were unable to provide a specific square meterage of affect, however I would make an educated guess based on the lower wattage in comparison to the Heatstrip 2400W outdoor heater that it would be around 4 square metres.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects