Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Rubber foot missing from mailbox

SPP
Cultivating a Following

Rubber foot missing from mailbox

I purchased a mailbox and upon opening I saw that one of the rubber feet is missing. 

20231224_084301.jpg20231224_084315.jpg

Can I still use this mailbox? I don't have the receipt so I can't return it. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Rubber foot missing from mailbox

Did you purchase this mailbox from Bunnings @SPP? If so, the team at the service desk will be able to find your receipt for you and exchange the item or locate a replacement part.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
SPP
Cultivating a Following

Yes I did, can it still be used in it's current form? 

hi @SPP 

Bunnings will help you if you take it back to the store closest to you as @Jason kindly suggested

The missing part is called a  grommet and can be  bought as a seperate item not that you should have to do that.

But it you wish simply cut a  round circle of any plastic and glue it over the hole.  the grommet  is ment to have a screw in it and as it is tightened up  squashes the rubber  until a water seal forms all round. You can put a centre hole in plastic for screw but the  other 3 screws will hold fine. Or you can search your scrape box for an over sized washer with a screw.  Even a bead of silicon will form a seal over the big hole once mail box mounted  . use the silicon to help glue and seal  letter box to its base if thats you mounting chioce.

It s  annoying having parts missing on new items  a little test for use DIYers.

As the hole is at the base no water should really go upwards  in to the hole  Hope you fix this  ASAP and move on to new  projects.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @SPP 

If you still have the key to the mailbox, I suggest bringing it with you and speaking to the customer service department of the store you purchased it from. They will ask you for more details so that they can try and track down your docket.

In regards to the rubber grommets, there are a lot to choose from so it's best to measure the grommet size that you have and compare it to the ones available. If you find that none are thick enough you can also use Kinetic 12 And 15mm Assorted Tap Washers as spacers for the back of the mailbox.

The mailbox looks to be in good condition, once you've found a replacement for the grommet you should be able to install it with no problem.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Happy Holidays!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hello @SPP yes the mailbox can still be used as is (should you be disinclined to exchange it in store) the missing grommet serves as a insulated spacer of sorts and can be substituted, apart from the offerings of Bunnings, stores like Clark Rubber and Automotive Parts outlets sell similar grommets for insulating wiring harnesses 👍

Just curious if you checked inside the mailbox?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects