Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Vertical Garden from old pots and a broken gate

JP_Finlay
Having an Impact

Vertical Garden from old pots and a broken gate

image.jpeg
AdeleN
Finding My Feet

Re: Vertical Garden from old pots and a broken gate

How are the pot connected to the timber please ? 
Cheers

Adele

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @AdeleN. It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

That's an excellent question, and I'm struggling to work it out myself. We do have the Whites Outdoor 180mm Black Round Deluxe Balcony Pot Holder and Whites Outdoor 200mm Black Pot Holder, which could be used for a similar purpose. There appears to be a fixing in a couple of the pots, suggesting the rim of the pot had a hole drilled in it, and it's been screwed to the timber. The only way I can think of to successfully drill into terracotta would be with a multi-material drill bit in a drill operating in non-hammer function mode.  However, let me mention @JP_Finlay to see if they could fill us in on what was used.

Have you taken inspiration from this project and were wanting to replicate it? I trust our members would love to follow along, and we'd encourage you to share it with us. Please do let us know if you need any assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AdeleN,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

Hopefully @JP_Finlay will be able to get back to you soon. You also might be interested in this project by @DIYology - Terracotta pot vertical garden screening. And do check out this new article - 5 ways to create a vertical garden.

Hope that helps.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects