Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

how to build a low level deck?

PKUTZ1
Just Starting Out

how to build a low level deck?

IMG_1803.jpeg

IMG_1801.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to build a low level deck.

Hi @PKUTZ1,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

There are a number of ways that you can go about building a low-level deck. You might want to check out our Top 10 most popular low-level deck projects for some ideas on where to start.

The first step is identifying where in relation to the house, you want the finished deck height to sit. Oftentimes this will be governed by the height of the entryway to your house, or the level of the window sills.

Once you've identified a height, you can measure down to the pavers below to identify what kind of supports you will need to use. You can purchase adjustable pedestal feet that can be used as supports over paved surfaces, but you will need to take into account the size of the timber and the decking placed on top.

If you start with measuring down from desired finished deck height, I can offer some more assistance.

Jacob

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: how to build a low level deck?

Hi @PKUTZ1,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us.

In addition to Jacob's helpful reply, just thought I'd let you know that we have a comprehensive guide How to build a low-level deck by experienced community member @Adam_W that should help you to get started on this project.

Please let us know how we can assist as you start the planning.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects