Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Angle grinder on doorframes

Kathy2
Just Starting Out

Angle grinder on doorframes

Hello, we are about to lay engineered wood throughout house. Wood suppliers say to angle grind bottom of doorframes so wood fits snug in rather than trying to cut wood.  Has anyone done this, and any tips on the best way to go about it ie without sparks damaging walls etc.

Re: angle grinder doorframes

Hi @proxyau, sorry but I don't think I ever posted the video. I'll try remember to make one next time I do this job.

You really need to use a disc like this. Sorry but I don't think they're available at Bunnings but they'll no doubt have their own brand.

Screenshot_20220721-073406_Brave.jpg

First and most important benefit of these is SAFETY as they won't snap like a standard cutting disc. Do NOT use a standard cutting disc.

Beyond that, these solid discs cut cleaner and more efficiently which reduces the heat build up and therefore reduces the impact on the paint on the frame.

Where are you located?

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Thanks for the advice! Given we've never actually used an angle grinder before, we were a little concerned about the discs shattering. We'll definitely chase down this disc or see if we can find an equivalent in Bunnings. 

We're located in Lynwood (5 minutes from Carousel shops).

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @proxyau

Just to add to the excellent advice given by @ProjectPete you can also use the Flexovit 125mm Diamond Multi Blade. It can be used on a wide variety of surfaces: mild steel, cast iron, timber with nails, plastic, PVC, fibreglass, reinforced concrete and rubber. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects