Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Any D.I.Y. ideas to get kids school-ready?

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Any D.I.Y. ideas to get kids school-ready?

I saw Workshop member @Tara86's hallway bag and shoe organiser and it got me thinking how easy and efficient projects like these can make such a big difference when you're navigating the chaos of a school morning. 

Anyone have any more D.I.Y. ideas or tips to share for getting the kids excited and prepared for the new school year?

Would love to hear your thoughts. Tagging @Remarka6le@sandy_d and @TheSparrowHome to get the discussion going.

Akanksha

Back to school.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TheSparrowHome
Having an Impact

Re: Any D.I.Y. ideas to get kids school-ready?

A go station is always a great idea. A desk is a simple DIY that could be done, and a craft/art station/board for all the lovely gifts school lets the kids bring home. Maybe a giant cork board situation. 

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Re: Any D.I.Y. ideas to get kids school-ready?

My son is 20 months old so I'm haven't the need to get around to this yet, but after our Floors are renovated in our home I will be completing a combination Mud Room Bench / Bag Hanger / Library for the front of our house. Difficult to imagine, but it'll look great and be a go to area for everything pretty much school related. 

Remarka6le

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects