Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Barn doors

GeoffB
Having an Impact

Barn doors

This is a pair of Barn Doors I made for a local Café in Pakenham. I used 9mm ply as a backing and built up the doors using recycled Baltic pine weather boards and stained them with merbau stain from Feast & Western, Please scroll the photo down to see the doors.  

IMG_1369.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Barn Doors

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @GeoffB. It's fantastic that you've joined us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

Your choice of timber is exceptional, and you've really put together some spectacular barn doors. The Merbau stain has also come up really nicely and suits the character well.

You're obviously a very talented woodworker, and I trust you have plenty of knowledge to share with our community members. In turn, I'm sure you'll receive plenty of inspiration for your own projects, and we'd encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance with them or have something to share.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Re: Barn doors

Great door @GeoffB 

Can I ask how you fixed it all together? Did you nail from the front and screw from the back?

do you have a photo of the back ?

thanks 

Re: Barn doors

@LePallet 

These barn doors are a feature wall.

There was a opening in the wall to a further section of the Café.

The new barn doors are one sided only and cover the old opening.

The doors are constructed from 9mm hardwood ply which is framed with 20 mm pine.

The face of the doors are cover with recycled Baltic pine from Bunnings..

The doors were constructed by gluing and nailing the Baltic Pine to the plywood and finished with Merbau stain from Feast & Weston.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects