Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Boring door no more

Anji
Growing in Experience

Boring door no more

image.jpg

The four dark doors in the passage gave it a gloomy feeling. Painted panels changed the mood. 

2028136A-E384-43E2-96FD-914ECB4CDC3F.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Boring door no more

Hello @Anji

Thank you very much for sharing your door makeover project. I believe that this is one of the most affordable features you can put on your door to change its character. Often times older properties have this old timber finish on the doors and make the area look dark. One of the fastest ways to transform that dark look is by painting the door and frame white.

I love that you've added the square accents to the door giving it the impression that it is a two-panel door. An excellent add-on to what might have been just an ordinary white door. Did you just paint the squares at the front or did you paint the back of the door as well? 

Again, thank you for sharing your door makeover project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Anji
Growing in Experience

Re: Boring door no more

Hi Eric thanks for your positive comments. I painted the back of the doors in plain light colours to compliment the bedrooms and bathroom they front. Details on how to do the panels on you tube. “Delicate “ painters tape is a “must”. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects