Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do I need a new door frame?

NibzAU
Just Starting Out

Do I need a new door frame?

Top hinge of our front door screen door came off.

I went to bunnings and was advised i could try some glue and nails and toothpicks

I got some liquid nails and some nails 30mm x 1.6mm

im going to try to glue it up and put nails in and  then hopefully i can the door back on but wondering

Does this look like it needs a new frame and if so what costs do you look at for a frame replacement?

FYI the yellow stuff is old glue someone tried fixing with and let just drip down

door.PNG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Do i need a new door frame?

Hello @NibzAU 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your door frame.

Can you please tell us if the crack in the door frame goes all the way down the length of the frame or does it veer off to the side? Unfortunately, the damage to the frame is quite severe and filling the holes with more timber and adhesive is not going to work.

Based on the photo you posted, I propose replacing it with a new frame. It would be more practical to replace rather than repair especially if the damage travels down the length of the frame. I suggest measuring your frame and speaking to the team at the trade desk.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects