Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I fix damaged wall corners?

Claudia2
Just Starting Out

How can I fix damaged wall corners?

20240518_145737.jpg

Hello, 

We've just purchased our first home and have a few wall corners that have some small chunks missing (pictured - sorry for the bad photo). As we want to paint the house ourselves, what product can I use to fix damage like the one shown to the corners of my walls? There are also other dents and minor repairs needed to the walls - is there one product that could be recommended for me to use to fix the damage shown as well as regular dents in the walls before painting? I've gone down a rabbit hole of products and now feel overwhelmed. 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I fix this?

Hi @Claudia2,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it's fantastic to have you join us.

Assuming all of the scrapes and dents are superficial, you can use a topping compound such as Gyprock CSR 2.25kg Less Mess Topping Compound for the repairs.

I would also suggest you purchase a good quality metal joint knife such as this Hyde 4" Plasterboard Joint Knife as well as a Trojan 120 Grit Angled Sanding Sponge.

The process to repair this particular dent would start with lightly sanding the chip down to remove any sharp edges, applying a thin coat of the topping compound, allowing it to dry and then sanding smooth with the sponge.

You might like to check out How To Patch Plaster for some guidance on the process.

Let me know if you require further assistance, I'm more than happy to help.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects