Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a black hall table?

MarkyNico
Just Starting Out

How to build a black hall table?

My lovely wife wants a new Hall Table and I keep reminding her I was a wood work whiz in high school. Am I in over my head here? Haha

I had some questions if I was to good ahead with this project?

1. What wood is easiest to paint and available at Bunnings?

2. Would the legs need to be heavier? what stops this particular design from swaying side to side.

3. Would you use any thing other than a corner bracket. Say a dowel joint.

Amy other tips or considerations are greatly appreciated. 

IMG_8365.png

IMG_8366.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a black hall table?

Hello @MarkyNico 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about building a black hall table. 

I've had a look at the table, and you can build it with the following materials:

Remember the lessons you learned in woodworking. Measure twice, test the fittings before you commit and always sand before painting. I'm sure the rest will come back to you.

My best advice is to draw it on paper first and examine the material you'll be using. There are other timber panels available at the store, so I suggest a visit and see which one is to your liking.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and mask when working on your project.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects