Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a window security screen?

rw
Getting Established

How to build a window security screen?

I am after a security screen for a street-facing window , but I don't like the diamond grille for this window, so I prefer something  similar to the "crimsafe" modern screens.

Any suggestions on the material to use (frame and mesh ) ...

7-MEIER-PRM-WIN-BACK-light-500w-min.png

JDE
Becoming a Leader

Re: DIY Window Security Screen

Ive had luck with https://www.onlinesecurityscreens.com.au/ I put them on my daughters place. We have been happy with them they used to do three types. Looking just now seem to only do two now, one aluminium , one stainless steel.  They come with everything you need to fit them and they have a video on how to do your measurements for your order. JDE 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a window security screen?

Hello @rw 

I'm sorry but bunnings currently does not stock custom sized window security screens or the steel screen mesh. 

However, if you are worried about security, I would like to suggest having a look at the Eufy Entry Sensor or perhaps a security camera with motion sensor or flood lights features. Both devices are WiFi capable and will send you a notification if they sense any motion outside your window area.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects