Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to change existing door lock with smart lock?

Udesh
Finding My Feet

How to change existing door lock with smart lock?

Hi,

We're looking to upgrade our current front door lock with a smart lock. Currently, we have the "Lockwood Element Nexion Vision L3 Mechanical Entrance Lockset." We're considering replacing it ourselves. Do you have any smart lock recommendations that would be compatible?

Udesh_0-1710654466724.png

Udesh_1-1710654480309.png

Thanks

Udeshika

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Change existing door lock with smart lock

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Udesh. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a smart lock.

You might like to have a read of this Best Advice article: What keyless locks would you recommend? Also, check out @Nham's excellent project Smart front door lock installation.

Instead of replacing the current lock, you might find it easiest to add an additional smart deadbolt, such as the Samsung Smart Keyless Digital Deadbolt Door Lock. That way, you don't have to find a lock that suits the cutouts in the door for your current lock. Typically, if you want to replace an existing lock, some work must be done to make the new lock fit. To replace the existing lock, you could look at options such as the Lemaar Black Rectangle Fingerprint Entry Smart Lock or the Philips Copper EasyKey Bluetooth Mortise Handle Lock.

If you are unable to make the adjustments to your door to suit the new door lock, then you might like to utilise our Door lock installation service. Simply select the product you want. Arrange payment and installation at the Special Orders desk and take your product home. A licensed locksmith will contact you within 2 business days to arrange a time that suits you

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Change existing door lock with smart lock

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for the warm welcome and helpful advice!

I'll definitely consider adding a smart deadbolt like the Samsung Smart Keyless Digital Deadbolt Door Lock.

It's great to know about options like the Lemaar Black Rectangle Fingerprint Entry Smart Lock or the Philips Copper EasyKey Bluetooth Mortise Handle Lock for replacing the existing lock. I'll keep the Door lock installation service in mind too.

Thanks again! If I have more questions, I'll let you know.

Udeshika

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects