Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to change terracotta floor tile colour?

Jacko2
Just Starting Out

How to change terracotta floor tile colour?

Hi all, when we replaced the carpet in the house we used tiles. The newly tiled areas are grey, and the existing tiled area is terracotta in colour. Is there a way to colour/resurface/coat the old tiles grey? Or do I need to replace the tiles to achieve this? 

PXL_20220930_235007187.jpg

PXL_20220930_235031503.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I change floor tile color and still have a dirable, long lasting finish

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jacko2. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about colouring tiles.

You could consider painting your tiles, and I trust you'll find this step-by-step guide useful: How to paint floor tiles. You must clean the tiles thoroughly and follow all preparation steps, including using an appropriate primer

Your painted finish will be durable and last a long time if you care for it and employ some preventative measures. It would be best not to walk on the painted tiles with shoes on, and carpets and hall runners should be used in high-traffic areas.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects