Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to design a mud room?

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

How to design a mud room?

Bunnings Workshop community members have shared many creative mud room projects. These handy drop-and-sort zones are perfect for storage and can provide a great spot for removing shoes and coats before entering indoors. 

I'd love to read any tips on maximising storage space and making the most out of a mud room. Any particular factors to keep in mind when designing one? 

Let's get the discussion started, @TheRenoDad@HousevsSarah@onecoastalhome

Akanksha

Akanksha_0-1707171149857.jpeg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TheRenoDad
Having an Impact

Re: How to design a mud room?

Thanks Akanksha!

I think the best place to start is to picture the end goal of what you will use the mudroom for and then work towards that.

For us, it was a place to offload everything that normally ended up on the kitchen bench.

Now, it's used as a space to drop the school bags, dog toys and other random items that can't find a home.

We used the Lugna range, and they have a handy online planner to work out which cabinets you want and what the layout will look like.

Check out my post for some inspo!

Luke | @TheRenoDad 

Post may contain sponsored content
Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to design a mud room?

Great advice, thanks Luke (@TheRenoDad), Definitely helps to keep the end goal in mind before embarking on any project. 

Members may like to check out Luke's mud room project here: How to build a mini mudroom.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects