Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix an interior door with a hole?

frithy66
Just Starting Out

How to fix an interior door with a hole?

Hi everyone, thanks for advice on how to repair my teenage sons temper tantrum punch on his bedroom door which resulted in a nice little indent. Would rather not have to buy and hang and sand and paint a whole new door but not sure what/how to do and how much hassle im asking for. All ideas gratefully accepted.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix an interior door with a hole

Hello @frithy66 

Thanks for sharing your question about repairing a hole in your door. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the damaged door? This will give our members a chance to assess its condition. We can then make recommendations on possible repair methods. 

There are times when the damage to the door can be fixed without having to modify a great deal of it. Once we see the pictures of the door, we'll be able to make a determination on the kind of repair that will work.

If you need a hand posting the pictures, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix an interior door with a hole?

Sorry to read of your son's tantrum @frithy66. We all have bad days!

As well as sharing some photos, you might like to read some these previous discussions about repairing holes in doors as it's a common challenge:

I imagine our community members will also encourage you to consider whether replacing the whole door might be a quicker and easier solution. Internal doors can be budget-friendly.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects