Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to patch AC holes?

diydadmugowner
Finding My Feet

How to patch AC holes?

Hi everyone,

We recently upgraded to a ducted AC system, and had four aged split systems removed.

They've left the usual holes which will need patching, which the installers plugged with insulation for now.

One of them also seems to have been installed before the intenal render was applied, leaving an empty space to be filled (see attached pic).

How should we fill the piping holes and how should I fill in the missing render?

Thanks in advance!

1000014184.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to patch AC holes

Hello @diydadmugowner 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about patching the holes in your wall.

In order to patch small holes, I suggest using UNi-PRO 500g Multi Purpose Interior Filler - 500g. To repair the larger hole, I propose using Hyde 127 x 381mm Wet And Set Plaster Repair Patch. You can use the multipurpose filler for the wet patch as well. Please remember to fill only to the level of the wall so that you won't have to sand a great deal off. 

Once all the fillers have cured, I suggest using a Trojan 220 Grit Jumbo Sanding Sponge to flatten the area. Wipe down the area very well before you prime and paint the wall.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to paint a wall

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to patch AC holes

Thanks Eric!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects